Some of the most frequently asked questions for the curious cat.
1. Why should I attend this Winter School? Digital transformation is not a nice-to-have for oil and gas companies today. It is a business imperative. Internet of Things is a reality and Data is the new Oil. Upcoming Oil & Gas engineers need to be as focused on Digital as they are on the conventional basics of the discipline. So if you’d like to learn the digital technologies that are changing the course of Oil & Gas Industry then welcome to the RGIPT’s Winter School on Digital Transformation in Oil & Gas Industry.
2. Who is the target audience? Oil & Gas Industry is highly interdisciplinary in nature. Engineers from a vast gamut put all their acumen to bring oil from the subsurface to your cars. This school would be most beneficial for the upcoming Petroleum, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer, IT, Mechanical, Civil, Instrumentation, Materials, Geotechnical Engineers. Or to rephrase, pretty much every engineer who is fascinated to work in Oil & Gas Industry.
3. How do I register for the Winter School? You can register for the Winter School from our website. Make the payments and fill the Google Form. Remember seats are limited and we’ll admit on first come first serve basis. Hurry up.
Note: Please follow the guidelines.
4. I have registered for the Winter School, now what? Congratulations, you’ll soon receive a confirmation mail from our side. You should reach RGIPT Jais Campus before 20th January 2018. We’ll take care of your accommodation from the Registration Desk.
5. How to reach RGIPT Jais Campus? Please click here to get your answer.
6. What is the procedure to be followed after we reach RGIPT Jais? Meet hospitality representative and get yourself registered at registration desk. The desk will guide you from there on.
7. Can I get accommodation on 19th January, although the school starts from 20st of January? We actually recommend that you reach our campus on 19th January itself but you may come on 20th too. Accomodation would be provided to everyone who registered & opted for it.
8. How productive can this micro module be to study Data Science & IoT? Our learning is not just a function of the time spent. Our expert teachers have successfully compressed the coursework into a 2 day module. Their methods have been tried and tested. Ofcourse you wont graduate a data science, fit for a Google job. But it will provide you with the momentum you need to explore the world of Data Science & IoT independently.
As college students we all have (or will) resort to cramming atleast once during our college life. And to make sure the learning lasts, we need practice. Keeping this in mind, our Winter School workshops are accompanied by Project exhibitions in the evenings. Real time exposure to the concepts you just learned will cement them into your brain.
Most importantly, you'll be having fun while doing something extremely beneficial to your professional career. Whether it fascinates you (You betcha) or not.